Monday 3 February 2014

Pennant -February

This month the pennant has the same background fabric adhered to the base. For February the theme is the magic of glitter.

I came across some trim that had hearts on it and thought since Valentine's Day is in February that it would be perfect. I actually added the trim and some other embellishments but was not happy with it because it was to dark a blue and did not seem "vintage" enough, so back to the drawing board.

I threw the trim in a bucket of water with bleach and it removed enough of the colour to make it a light pink/lilac. I attached it to the edge of the pennant.

As with the previous one I had an image already printed and wanted to choose colour tones from the picture, so the lighter colours were better suited. I took a large snowflake die and added glitter to it and glued it to the top of the pennant, then attached the image with some stickles added.

I stamped the sentiment "Dreamer" with white pigment ink on a piece of white cardstock and embossed it with white embossing powder. I then coloured it with Milled Lavender distress ink and buffed it off; rounded the edges with a punch and attached it to the pennant.  To finish it off I added a snowflake die and a button with a gem on top and dangling heart at the bottom.


No comments: