Monday 3 February 2014

Corrugated Cardboard Tag

On AFTCM we did a tag swap using corrugated cardboard.

For mine I chose the image first (janetkdesignfreedigitalimages.blogspot) and then proceeded to work on the tag.

First, I tore off some of the backing on the cardboard to expose the corrugated pieces. I decided to pick up some of the colours from the picture, so I painted it with white acrylic and Tim Holtz snow cap paints. I added some blue and pink Tim Holtz Distress paints in various areas.

To add some interest and dimension I embossed the right side with an brass stencil and gold Viva Decor modelling cream. The reason I used gold is because it was the only colour I had at the time, but was pleased with the effect and I must say this stuff is a dream to work with!!

I attached the picture to a piece of scrap cardstock to give it some body then adhered it to the tag. To complete the tag, I added some glittered Stampendous snowflake die pieces and the gold and white fibres.

No comments: